turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jason4

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I recived a letter from the irs  it’s been over 60days  I filed Jan 28 heard nothing I turbo tax got there money I’ve got nothing

I usually have my tax person do my is form but I need to print an send one but need help filling it our asap someone please help I do not want to mark something wrong 

Hello all, I checked with TOP this morning and it is still showing 2 offsets for 1450. Our total was 2900. The child support site is showing that they are only processing one payment of 1450 and are still not showing my 1700 payment that they offset in March from my tax refund. This is so crazy, I really wish they would get their heads out of their rears and get us what we are entitled to. It is stupid that they are taking half of the childs portion as well. It really makes me sick.

Exactly I do not understand how the world got sent back to work yet irs can not even get workers to handle this from home...it makes me sick..now their talking about a second stimulus check but they havent even gave me my first one.  Well my husbands ex who son is now 23 an does not even communicate with the mother yet she is one lucky woman because irs dont have it together...What about the mothers that have their child..and fine take my husbands but leave me mine an my daughters...or do not forget us in this process...oh wait we been forgotten 

SOME of the IRS workers went back to work however they are trying to dig out from a 2 month hole and it will take time ... so add 2 months to the usual processing times of 11 to 14 weeks for the injured spouse form. 

Really ? Because when I talked to treasury department on Thursday they advised me that only the irs department that sends forms out is working the rest arent

If were suppose to fill a form regarding stimulus how does that even get filled out 

Aliz1
Returning Member

l say " we " knew this the first year of married filing taxes.   The irresponsible behavior of not paying child support while the child is the home of the custodial parent.  the child could be 28, 31 whatever, the money was never paid.

it's a hard pill to swallow . hopefully the rest of his virtues are worth "hanging in there "

Hi my wife’s stimulus check was taken for my child support from before we were married. How do I get it back 

That's irrelevant to the new wife/mother and an also yes it's still due but not if the child lived outside the mothers home..you must be the parent collecting the child support..Every case is different so please do not speak if you do not know

I hope you are speaking for yourself. "We" as you put it sounds like you're pointing the finger at all. Think before giving a generalized opinion many of us here have spouses who have been paying on time yet our share is being taken away. In my case the ex lied about not receiving anything so before you go generalizing I suggest you ponder what you are going to say. Oh and an advice check your grammar and flow of sentence before you write, very poor grammar Aliz1

First of all if you if you were so caught up I doubt your whole check would of been taken. Second you spoke first assuming you knew everyone's situation so if you cant handle words back I suggest you dont speak in general.  As for my grammar ....girl your worried bout the wrong thing you need to focus on your lost check instead of acting like you know everyone's story bye girl

Well said 

Ignorance at its best. 

I live in Florida too. I filed jointly this year with my husband. He owes arrears so i filled out a injured spouse form and sent it in immediately after finding out that we were getting a stim check. The Irs portal says that the funds were deposited on April 30th however, there were no funds deposited. It has been three weeks and no letters.

Im so confused. Also i called the DOT and its says that there are no offsets. I hope your situation is getting better results than mine.

Lana

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies