turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CRCR

Importing from Quickbooks Online to Turbotax

This past year, we've been using QuickBooks online for our LLC because it is easy and convenient to use from anywhere, even our phones. But now that I paid $170 for TurboTax Business, it seems I can't import any of my QuickBooks online info into TurboTax. Is this correct?

If this is the case, then what steps do I need to take to get all my information to import into TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

he 2019 TurboTax Business CD/Download software can import directly from the QuickBooks 2014-2020 Desktop software.

Right after you begin a new return in TurboTax Business, we'll ask if you used QuickBooks in 2019. Answer Yes and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you've already gone past that screen, select Import From QuickBooks from the File menu in the upper-left corner of your program.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bcazan

Maybe I am missing something but this does not answer the question.  The question is: How do I import my QuickBooks Online data into TurboTax Download/ desktop tax software?  This response tells me how to go from QuickBooks Desktop to TurboTax desktop.  

How to import from Quickbooks into Windows Business program,   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-quickbooks-data-into-turbo...

QuickBooks Online data must first be exported to QuickBooks Desktop before it can be imported into TurboTax Business. Refer to QuickBooks Online supportfor help (also see the export limitations).

It Sucks because you cannot import from QB Online into the Desktop (CD) version of Turbolax

That's incredibly stupid

Why is this issue being ignored? Do we have to buy more software for this to work? Ridiculous.

Regina...tax expert...do you not realize that we are asking about how to import Quickbooks Online into turbo tax? You gave a response to the desktop version. Are you miss understanding? Cause it seems there is no info or help related to this and could be that Quickbooks is avoiding their failure in recognizing this at time they developed online program. If no answer can be found I suggest everyone switch to a different accounting system because quickbooks is constantly failing and making decision that are not helpful. Like when we call for the assistance we are paying for phone support and we reach a condescending quickbooks support person who barely speaks english so I can receive info and on top of that usually does not have the answer. So what am I paying for? Regina the tax expert...reread the question posted please.

Completely unhappy with the documentation and relevance of content here as well.....

That said - self-help.    So....if you have QB Online, you can install the local app - download from:  https://quickbooks.intuit.com/online/apps/ - you SHOULD be able to run the app on your local machine, sync up to what is on QB online - and then import from the app to TurboTax Business.  I vaguely remember doing that last year - no promises.   Doing it myself now.   Fingers crossed.  Good luck!

Redwood

Were you able to get this to work? I downloaded the Quickbooks app onto my Windows 10 machine and am still unable to import QB to Turbotax. 

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I'm having the exact issue and need to get my Quickbooks Online data into Turbotax Business. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Hello, you can do this by following the instructions at the link here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@aczarelli   Is it the Online QuickBooks Self Employed version or regular online QuickBooks?  And into the separate Turbo Tax Business program or the Home & Business version?

How to import from Quickbooks into Windows Business program,   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-quickbooks-data-into-turbo...

QuickBooks Online data must first be exported to QuickBooks Desktop before it can be imported into TurboTax Business. Refer to QuickBooks Online supportfor help (also see the export limitations).

Not helpful at all. This is becoming a useless battle.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies