`

II owed a lot of money in 2019, so I paid in April and August toward the 2020 taxes. Where should I put that?

Would prepayment be an extension?  There doesn't seem to be a place for  prepayment.

If you paid for tax year 2020, you will enter that information on your 2020 tax return under estimated tax payments. But are you sure that you paid for 2020? 

You mean towards your 2019 tax return you are filing in 2020?  Those would be estimated payments.  Hopefully you paid them on the 1040ES forms.

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To it.

OR

To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in January for the prior year, go to

Federal on left or at top.  Personal (Home & Business)

Deductions and Credits at top

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Estimated Taxes - click the start button