turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Box 12 is blank on my W-2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
ddaven12

Your W2 should have 4 box 12 lines (12a, 12b, 12c and 12d). Which box or boxes are missing?
dmvick

I put the 2nd w2 form amount in the wrong place.
dmvick

I need to correct it, and I can't do so.
ddaven12

If your Box 12 lines are blank simply skip it and move on to Box 13. If you believe that your W-2 is incorrect, you would need to reach out to your employer for assistance in obtaining a corrected W-2. Here's a TurboTax FAQ on filling out box 12 information from your W-2:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4785646

Nic16

all my 12 spaces are blank 

Nic16

All of them 

@Nic16 wrote:

all my 12 spaces are blank 

Then do not enter anything in box 12 of the W-2 if all the boxes are blank for box 12.

Nic16

I got an extension on my taxes and decided to do it for free online on H&R Block and it won’t let me go forward until there’s something in there I’m confused 

@Nic16 wrote:

I got an extension on my taxes and decided to do it for free online on H&R Block and it won’t let me go forward until there’s something in there I’m confused 

If you are going to use H&R Block instead of TurboTax then just clear your tax return and abandon the TurboTax account.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2019 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

Nic16

If I cancel my H&R Block bc I haven’t submitted it yet and do them in turbo tAx for free addition, it will let my skip over boxes 12 with out a problem? 

Nic16

If I cancel my H&R tax return form bc I haven’t submitted it yet and did them throgh TurboTax free edition will I be able to skip over box 12 without a problem? 

@Nic16 wrote:

If I cancel my H&R tax return form bc I haven’t submitted it yet and did them throgh TurboTax free edition will I be able to skip over box 12 without a problem? 

Yes, if there is nothing entered in box 12 on the W-2 you received from your employer, then there is nothing to enter on the TurboTax W-2 screen for box 12.  If for some reason the TurboTax program gives you an error by not entering anything in box 12.  Just delete the W-2 and re-enter to clear the error.

If you did not file your 2019 tax return with H&R Block then you can e-file the 2019 tax return using TurboTax.

Nic16

Nic16

You’ve been siooo helpful thank u 😊 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies