turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trips Abroad Summary

I'm adding trip information for visiting family in the states. I entered 0 days for number of days in U.S. on business since I was there 100% for vacation only and did no work, but I'm receiving a message saying the minimum value is 1 for number of days in U.S. on business. Am I receiving this message in error or am I misunderstanding the trip information section and do I just not include any trips that do not include work?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Trips Abroad Summary

If you are referring to the question "No. of Days in U.S. on Business" on the "Trip Information" page then please leave that field blank if you haven't been in the US on business during the trip. Do not enter 0 since this will create the message "minimum value is 1" (see picture below). 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Trips Abroad Summary

If you are referring to the question "No. of Days in U.S. on Business" on the "Trip Information" page then please leave that field blank if you haven't been in the US on business during the trip. Do not enter 0 since this will create the message "minimum value is 1" (see picture below). 

Trips Abroad Summary

I feel silly, that was so simple! Thanks so much for the assistance, I really appreciate it!
simonl

Trips Abroad Summary

This did not work for me. I initially put it as blank and clicked "Continue," but later when going through the "Federal Review" section, it said I need to fix that field because it can't be blank. So now I have to put a value there and the minimum is 1. 

I'm back to where I started. What can I do? Should I remove the trip altogether?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies