turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

It is quite apparent Intuit has no interest in fixing the Issue.  Been going on WAY to LONG.  And it would seem that either changing my Address is not what I did last year to get it to work, OR that option no longer works either. 

In any case, I decided to go with Option 2, I gave up on Intuit and switched to H&R Block Software.  Not sure how good it is yet, as I have not yet installed it, but I am guessing it will be very comparable.  It is Cheaper  and I had it Purchased and Downloaded in less than 5 Minutes, with NO Credit Card Issues whatsoever.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Additional suggestions if you are still unable to move forward with your payment:

• Try closing and completing logging out of TurboTax and restart your computer

• Compete a disk cleanup,

• If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.

• You may also want to try a different browser.

You may also contact customer care here. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

@alewisb2309

Why do you "EXPERTS" keep suggesting THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN that DO NOT WORK?  It is an Issue at INTUIT.  They DO NOT EVEN SUBMIT THE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO THE BANKS BEFORE REJECTING IT.  See my Previous Posts.

I am not on Spectrum.  I have AT&T for my internet and it also will not accept any of my credit cards.  I have wasted several hours of my day.  This is VERY frustrating!

My only advice to you, give it up.  They, they being Intuit, do not care.  "Their" Credit Card Issues have been going on for "YEARS".  I stupidly fought through the issue for 2 years, both in trying to purchase the software (end up purchasing through Amazon last year) and then again when trying to pay for my State Filing (ended up and could not E-File (because I could not pay for it via CC and was not about to pay their "Fee" to have it taken out of my Federal Refund) and ended up Mailing it in). 

But I did the smart thing this year, tried twice to purchase the software direct from Intuit then gave up and switched to H&R Block Software instead.  It was cheaper and worked with absolutely no problems.  Had the software Purchased, Downloaded, Installed, and my Taxes done in less than 2 hours. 

The issue with Intuit you are experiencing has nothing to do with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and everything to do with Intuit.  As indicated, the problem is on their end, they don't care, and their "Experts" and Customer Service are Clueless and keep recommending the same things that have not worked in the Past ". 

And I am starting to think that these "Experts" are not actually even people at all.  I am all but convinced that they are BOTS.  Why else would they all suggest the same "non-working" Links and Advice and then NEVER come back when anybody Responds to them?

I gave up with Turbo Tax!!!  Went elsewhere!!  Will never go back to them due to this issue!!! Turbo Tax is scamming people by getting more money out of people  as they must pay more by not having their credit cards working!!  People want their refunds now!  They haven’t fixed it.........What a scam!!

Mdunn1584
Returning Member

Intuit will not accept my credit card for state filing.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the only solution that works is to Abandon Intuit and use other software.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Make sure you are using an accepted form of payment.  Please see the link below for more details.

Forms of payment accepted by TurboTax

@Mdunn1584

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same problem.  Ive tried 5 cards.  Its an issue on intuits side.  Happened to me last year too...had to eat the $40 fee to use my refund to pay.  a lot of people are having the issue it seems

but turbo tax doesn't care.

Not a great solution but I ended up using my wife’s card to pay TurboTax then my card after that worked to pay federal taxes.  

I tried three different cards (credit and debit), different browsers, different computers, clear cache and a bunch of other things and nothing worked.

Worked for my customer!!

Robot should be smarter 🙂

It must be a bug in the software.  The bug could be very trivial.

Here is my thought:  the software might be programmed to ask the billing address matching the corresponding USPS address exactly while the USPS address does not have a "dash" separating the five and four digits in the zip and our addresses have it in the tax form which cannot be removed.  Therefore, you cannot get exactly match.

When use other's names (as long as not the first one on your tax form), the software does not ask for exact match.  In these cases, people can get through.  

I encountered the same problem two years in a row.  After reading the threats, I tried to switch my name to my wife's but the same card that we share, it worked!  :-).   

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies