turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

276 Replies
rt75624

If you are encountering difficulties when using a credit card to pay your TurboTax fees, please confirm the card is an accepted payment method (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) and that your contact information on file is accurate. 

Further details on this topic are available in the TurboTax FAQ:  What forms of payment does TurboTax Online accept?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302082

I am also having this issue. I tried with all of my cards (all with credit available) so it is not an issue on my end. How frustrating. What is the solution?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please return to the MY INFO page in TurboTax and enter the same address as your credit or debit card you are using, go to the FILE tab to pay and make sure the credit card information matches exactly.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-your-payment-information-cannot...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey Turbo Tax.......The suggestion of using our name and address as it appears exactly on our credit card statement does NOT work!  I called customer service and she suggested I clear the cookies and restart my computer.  I did that and it still did not work.  Now her only suggestion is to SEND my returns in!  This totally SUCKS!!!  NOT why I pay $110 for Turbo Tax!!!  Seriously?????  Why can't you guys take my credit card number over the phone in these situations since it is YOUR problem?????

I tried this and it did not work!  I called your customer service and she suggested I clear my cookies and restart my computer and that did not work.  I am paying $110 for your product and her only solution now is to SEND in my returns!!  Seriously?????  This is YOUR issue......it happened last year too!!!  Why won't you take my payment over the phone (at no charge) since it is not my fault?????  This is not right!!!!

Vino
Level 1

I have the same problem. I tried 2 of my major credit card and still got an error.  I tried the other option which is the pay from my refund but there’s another $40 charge!  How did you guys solve your issues?

i did not see a solution that worked 

Vino
Level 1

Were you able to submit?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please log completely out of TurboTax and try clearing your browser's cache.  A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for instructions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

I did that numerous times and it still did not work. I ended up calling my sister who lives in another state and is on another internet provider and she was able to have my credit card go through. Do you have an issue with Spectrum?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

No payment processing issues with any providers noted at this time.    

There is something definitely wrong on your end because there are definitely a lot of people having trouble!  Like I said, this is year number two for me and I tried multiple credit cards from multiple banks. I may look into a different tax software next year because of this!  Not worth the hassle!

That's better than I got. I called to ask them for help, got told they'd open a case with a manager, and then a few hours later received an email that "the case was resolved." Ummm....whut. I eventually managed to get the payment to go through after lots of weird attempts (trying with a VPN, without a VPN, with different browsers, different cards, foreign cards, etc.). I had to change my address on my taxes entirely (which was annoying because it's not my true mailing address as we've sold our house) to get the payment to go through. It would NOT accept a card that is tied to my actual, current mailing address. But, TurboTax is gonna keep telling us that this is user error lol so I guess we'll just let them believe that. Next year, I'll use a different program. 

Vino
Level 1

I cleared my cookies and tried it again today. Tried deleting and inputting my address in My Info.  I still get the same message “we are sorry, we having trouble authorizing your credit card.  Please verify Your billing address card number and CVV and try again” I’ve done that .  The reason  doing my taxes early is I also avail Of the discount  “early flier save 34%”. But because of these issues, I can’t finish my filing.  

Turbo tax, can you please help? Please escalate this issue.  You may loose customers if this keeps happening 

Vino
Level 1

Was just in the phone with a lady turbo tax. Spent over 10 minutes on hold for her to check possible solutions.  Was advised to try again another day is time - she said it’s possible it’s because of many people logged in.  I requested she escalate it.  Told her about I’m not the only one experiencing this.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies