Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sfi2019

If my application for an extension was approved I shouldn't have to pay any taxes due from that return until the ne extension deadline correct?

Need help
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If my application for an extension was approved I shouldn't have to pay any taxes due from that return until the ne extension deadline correct?

An extension only extends the time you have to file your return.  Any taxes owed must be paid by July 15th (today) to avoid a penalty & interest.

You can go on the IRS website to pay Federal taxes owed online.

https://www.irs.gov/payments

If you owe State taxes, you would need to go to your states website to pay online.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You are still required to pay what you owe.  There are penalties for not paying today.  Pay what you think you owe.

An extension only extends the time you have to file your return.  Any taxes owed must be paid by July 15th (today) to avoid a penalty & interest.

You can go on the IRS website to pay Federal taxes owed online.

https://www.irs.gov/payments

If you owe State taxes, you would need to go to your states website to pay online.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies