Re: If Line 20 is checked "Yes" on your Schedule D...

I think 2017 has an error on form 1040 schedule D line 22. Either yes or no should be checked.

If Line 20 is checked "Yes" on your Schedule D, then lines 21 and 22 do not need to be completed.

If this is not the case with your Schedule D, please comment below so I can help you further.

@Rachel_W  I should have checked the community board before calling tax expert support. By seeing no box checked in Line 22, although Qualified Dividends were shown on Form 1040, I thought something was missed.   I learned that the Line 22 check box wasn't a big deal only after being on the phone with a tax specialist for over an hour going through the whole worksheet to make sure everything was in order.  However, the specialist didn't give the simple reason that you did.  Only after reading your post did I see the reference in Line 20.