turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I stimulus registered now one screen says registration accepted and other screen says return state rejected. Did I file twice? How do I fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I stimulus registered now one screen says registration accepted and other screen says return state rejected. Did I file twice? How do I fix it?

It did the same to me and i couldnt get a clear answer either. 
It seems the experts aren’t familiar with their own system. I have zero faith in turbotaxes registration portal and wish i had waited for the official IRS portal. 
i have concluded that i will have to wait until the 17th to use the irs stimulus tracker that theyre going to launch and figure out from their what i have to do. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The stimulus registration is only for federal.  Do you plan on filing a 2019 federal and state tax return?   Which option did you choose on the following screen?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I clicked i dont. At some point while filing it out it switched to free file. When noticed went back to registery. It says accepted and now I got a text saying that state rejected my efile. On stimulus still shows accepted. But other one says fix my return. But didnt file the other. So why is it showing me this?

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

You may want to check to see if you actually filed a return through TurboTax.  Please follow these steps:

For your state return, you might want to review the details of your return while in TurboTax follow these steps:

1. While in your Tax Home,
  2. Tax Tools on the left hand side of your screen,
  3. Select Tools,
  4. Select View Tax Summary,
  5. Select Preview State Return on the left hand side of your screen.

If you filed, and and it was rejected, being rejected means that some things on your return don't match what the IRS has in their database. Here's how you can fix it.

Check for an email from turbotax@intuit.com. (Check your spam) It will give you a brief explanation of your reject and how to update it.  If you didn't get an email, open your return to get the rejection reason.

Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection.

Not all rejections will have explicit guides to fix the information. You’ll need to navigate to the program area to address the cause of the rejection, then proceed to the final step.

If what you originally entered is correct, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, a dependent that's already been claimed, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed.If this is the case, file a paper return.

To Re-File your return and if you were guided through fixing your reject, select the option to refile when you’ve finished.

If you had to navigate to the area in the program yourself, when you’ve finished, select File in the left-hand menu (mobile devices: go to the upper-left corner to open the side menu, then select File). Follow the onscreen instructions to either e-file your return or file by mail.

If you get the same rejection a second time and you see no mistakes on your return, select the File by mail option to paper-file your return.

If the IRS accepted your Stimulus Registration, then you will still receive your Stimulus Payment.

It did the same to me and i couldnt get a clear answer either. 
It seems the experts aren’t familiar with their own system. I have zero faith in turbotaxes registration portal and wish i had waited for the official IRS portal. 
i have concluded that i will have to wait until the 17th to use the irs stimulus tracker that theyre going to launch and figure out from their what i have to do. 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

You can check in a couple of days

The IRS is preparing Websites to update information and check your filing status.  It is expected to be completed in mid-April.

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies