turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I pay for TurboTax online now, before 2019 filing - am I able to view the actual IRS forms - and navigate around the program as I did with TurboTax download software?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

If I pay for TurboTax online now, before 2019 filing - am I able to view the actual IRS forms - and navigate around the program as I did with TurboTax download software?

No, not exactly.  You can download a pdf to see all the forms.  In the Online version you can only use the interview questions.  But you can jump around and go directly to what you want to enter.  Online is different than the Desktop program.  And you can only do 1 return per account.  And you may need to upgrade to a higher version to enter certain things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

even with the CD/desktop you could not see the 2019 forms.  most have not been finalized.  

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax Online does not have the forms mode that you are used to using in the download software. You cannot look at the forms while you're working on your tax return, and you cannot make any entries directly on the forms. There is also no QuickZoom or Data Source to trace where entries come from. The only way to see the forms is to print the return or look at the PDF.

The only things you can do after paying for TurboTax Online that you couldn't do before are to print (create a PDF) or e-file. Any other limitations that you are seeing will still be there after you pay.

People who are used to the download software are usually not satisfied with TurboTax Online.

You can switch to the downloaded version now to continue the 2019 program and  you can save a few $$ by using the Deluxe version since ALL the downloaded versions can handle ALL the same forms and situations ( Basic if you do not need a state return) ...   

To  continue in the desktop version see this…….
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901476-how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-the-turbotax-softw...

jsmlpgoetz
Returning Member

cannot access the 2019 turbotax idownloaded in Dec and it has been deleted so has mu tubotax 2018. either my computer has been hacked or tuboTax has been hacked...Strange

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Take a look at the following TurboTax article for some steps to locate your TurboTax download.  There is also a link in the article to help you download it again.

Find your TurboTax for Windows software download

@jsmlpgoetz

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies