turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mzfocused

If I file my tax return today. And the IRS denies it for some reason would I still owe for the service for preparing the taxes by turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I file my tax return today. And the IRS denies it for some reason would I still owe for the service for preparing the taxes by turbo tax?

Yes.    You used the software, didn't you?   Your fee is the same whether you e-file or mail it in an envelope.   If for some reason the return is rejected you may be able to fix it and re-file, or worst case --- you print, sign and mail it---and it is still filed.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Absolutely. TurboTax guarantees to prepare an accurate return based on the information you provide, but the TurboTax cannot guarantee that the information you provide will agree with the information that the IRS has on file for you. A rejected tax return is an indication that some piece of information in your tax return does not agree with the IRS database. Sometimes you can fix that problem, and sometimes you must print and mail your return. You have still received a prepared tax return, it’s just that you have to mail it instead of e-filing it.  Then, the IRS has three years to audit your return, or six years in the case of allegations of fraud. It is obviously not under TurboTax is control if the IRS decides to audit you.  You have the option of pre-purchasing the audit defense service when you file your return if you want that extra level of protection.

The accuracy guarantee means that if the IRS assesses penalties and interest because of an incorrect calculation, TurboTax will pay those penalties and interest for you. TurboTax is not responsible if you provide inaccurate information or if the IRS disagrees with your information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies