Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I begin a complex return for the first time in TT live premier and can't go the distance, will I still get charged if I don't file? What about questions asked to live?

An accountant has always prepared my complex returns. I could upload last years but not sure how well TT deals with a complex uploaded return and multiple 1099Bs etc.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

If I begin a complex return for the first time in TT live premier and can't go the distance, will I still get charged if I don't file? What about questions asked to live?

You are charged for all services when you file your return.

TurboTax employees CPA's and EA's with experience to assist you with complex individual and business tax returns.

With the LIVE product, you can talk to a CPA or EA about your return,  request a "once over" or specific look at your return by a CPA, or sign up for a COMPLETE Line by Line Review. 

The Line by Line review is a complete review and filing of your return by a CPA or EA.

Here is additional information on what to expect with the review as well as how to schedule one.

What is a Line By Line Review?

How do I schedule my Line by Line Review?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you. But there is some fine print about a "review" that makes me think that the cost for a complex return can be more than the quoted cost of TT premier live.  Does "full service product" cost more than premier live and if so, how much more?  "For TurboTax Live, if your return requires a significant level of tax advice or actual preparation, the tax expert may be required to sign as the preparer at which point they will assume primary responsibility for the preparation of your return. Intuit may offer a Full Service product to some customers. For the Full Service product, the tax expert will sign your return as preparer. Payment by federal refund is not available when a tax expert signs your return. On-screen help is available on a desktop, laptop or the TurboTax mobile app. Unlimited access to TurboTax Live CPAs and EAs refers to an unlimited quantity of contacts available to each customer, but does not refer to hours of operation or service coverage. Service, area of expertise, experience levels, wait times, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice."

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

There is no additional fee for a complex versus a simple return. Once you agree to the "Live" service, there are no hidden fees going forward.

However, you will be required to upload all of your tax documents to support the entries on your tax return. Also, you must complete the return and have it error free before the review can start.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks again, although it boggles the mind to read being required to "upload all of your tax documents to support the entries on your tax return" if one itemizes deductions for medical, charity, real estate taxes, had a household employee, paid estimated taxes, etc.  If it goes beyond uploading all 1099s and W-2s, it reads like it's an audit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies