turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mazeiom
Returning Member

If Form 1040 line 1 has a calculation error, how do I fix it?

The calculation error is due to a rounding error when adding up the amounts in box 1 of my Forms W-2. I have no other sources of income that contribute to line 1. (I have read the FAQ “Line 1 on my 1040 doesn't match my W-2”)
On page “Here’s your W-2 info” in TurboTax Online, the total amount for the column “Box 1” is correct. An incorrect amount is listed on line 1 of Form 1040. The same incorrect amount is listed as the dollar amount for “Job (W-2)” in “Your Income” section of the “Wages and income” page on TurboTax Online.
In the “Wages, Salaries & Tips Worksheet” PDF from TurboTax Online, the same incorrect amount is listed on “Forms W-2 & W-2G Summary” worksheet Box No. 1 “Total wages, tips and compensation” with description “Non-statutory & statutory wages not on Sch C”.
Thanks for reading the long post!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Do you have scholarship income?

mazeiom
Returning Member

Yes, but I cannot claim educational expenses on my return. I did not upload a Form 1098-T to TurboTax Online.

If  you have scholarship income that amount flows to line 1 of your 1040. When you print your return you will see that amount on line 1 designated as “SCH. 

mazeiom
Returning Member

@Bsch4477 Thanks for the explanation! However, since I didn't enter any scholarship income into TurboTax Online, this advice doesn't apply to me or this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies