turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

keri-dero

I worked double hours on salary, 250 hours a month, throughout the entire pandemic! I got no extra pay due to high volume and understaffing. Is there a tax credit for me?

Meanwhile, my home and personal life went to shambles bc I has zero time to even shower and eat, let alone maintain my home life. I missed payment due dates and incurred health problems from the lack of personal time and added stress. Meanwhile the crackhead next door who got fired from Walmart and has 5 kids that run amuck got a boatload of money from the government. Her trash blows into my yard, her diseased cats come on my property, and I get to listen to them screaming at each other every day and night, plus their dog who barks nonstop 12 hours a day. And they live better than me on government checks. Do I get ANYTHING for GOING TO WORK through this entire pandemic?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I worked double hours on salary, 250 hours a month, throughout the entire pandemic! I got no extra pay due to high volume and understaffing. Is there a tax credit for me?

sorry, there are no tax benefits for the extra work, but perhaps you have enough money now to move somewhere else. you might also want to talk to someone at your state's labor board. perhaps you were underpaid for the extra time you worked.

You pay tax on the income you receive. If you did not receive income, you don’t pay tax.  It sounds like you need to have a discussion with your union or your state labor board.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies