turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mpalmam43

I was reviewing my tax transcripts from last year, and I noticed that there is a code 922 on it dated 11/25/2018, with balance of $0. Anyone know what this means?

Thank you Leonard. I can assume I will have this forthcoming in a letter however as i see the income reported on my 2018 wage and income transcript ($24,550 earned). I was concerned if there would be any affect to my pending 2019 return as I have no letter and no notice of one sent on either transcript with processing date of 10/24/2020. I can assume my 2019 refund will soon be issued correct? My tax preparer simply forgot to include this in the return and I did not notice. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

I was reviewing my tax transcripts from last year, and I noticed that there is a code 922 on it dated 11/25/2018, with balance of $0. Anyone know what this means?

Yes, your 2019 should not be impacted.  When a code 922 review has a zero amount then the 922 review did not find an issue with your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If this happened to me, how come it is delaying my 2020 tax refund? My transcripts from last year say 922 and 0.00 and has a date of March 9 2020 and it is causing a code of 570 on this years return 

Mpalmam43

I ended up with no problems.  But did get a letter later. S as I'd I owe for 2018. 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

I'm not sure the two are related.  Since there is a zero for the 922 last year it appears nothing was found there.  The 570 on this years account is a "freeze code".  Within a few days you could see a code 971 indicating a notice was issued.  The 570 could be there for a review of things like:  

• Missing Income Statements (W-2’s, 1099’s etc.)
  • Wages Do Not match what the IRS has on file for you
  • Employer has not reported your wages to the IRS yet
  • IRS debt
  • ID verify
  • Missing 1095 forms from the marketplace
  • Injured Spouse
sfriel12

I am not a tax expert but I dont think that is entirely true about it having a 0.00 beside code 922 means that they found no issues with the return. I am going through this now and I have a 922 beside 0.00 but there was definitely a discrepency due to I forgot to include 2 1099-B that I had received much later after I filed my return that year. They claimed that I made around $12 grand more and that wasn't actually the case considering this is sales of shares and I actually never received the money the IRS said I did. Anyways back to the original topic why else would there be 0.00 beside the code 922? Oh and the IRS computer system still took my refund away from me this tax season 2019 taxes. So I literally received around 200 dollars until they can process my 2017 amended return. I absolutely despise the fact they have 16 weeks to process this thing. 

OK sorry rant over. 

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

It typically does take the IRS a year or so to match up the 1099 and W-2 forms they receive with the amounts reported on your tax return. They will normally assess late payment fees as well, even though most of the time the taxpayer was not aware of the income not listed on the tax return, until the IRS informed them of it. 

dbschilkoski
Returning Member

I have been waiting for our 2019 refund to no avail.  When I looked into this further I too found a code 922 dated 1/5/20 for Tax Year 2017.  It was for $0 however a code 290 showed a substantial tax assessed plus a code 196 interest charged for late payment. 

First of all I was due and received a refund for my 2017 taxes.  Second I never received any notice from the IRS that I owed any additional monies and why I would owe this amount.  Third they applied my refund from this year as a credit to this code 290 amount and are saying I still owe more.  IRS is CLOSED.  Any suggestions?   

Thank you LeonardS, very useful information and was of great assistance to me. 

Hi, I noticed the 922 on my last year's tax return transcript, and it showed $0.00, I wanna make sure does that mean they didn't find anything? Or could that mean they're still possibly reviewing my case!

Manage cookies