Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JPJC3
Returning Member

I've already started my 2019 return; how can I import information from my 2018 return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I've already started my 2019 return; how can I import information from my 2018 return

You can only transfer 2018 info into a new blank 2019 return.    How was the 2018 return prepared (Online TurboTax versus desktop software), and what are you using for 2019?   Once we know that, we can tell you some options.

If you used Online TurboTax both years, the 2018 info should have transferred in automatically if you are in the same account.

JPJC3
Returning Member

I am using desktop versions for both 2018 and 2019

For Windows or Mac?

Do you have the *.tax2018 data file from last year?

JPJC3
Returning Member

Windows and yes I have the 2018 data file from last year

Sorry if you want to transfer from 2018 you need to start a new blank 2019 return.  Go up to File-New and if it doesn't find your .tax2018 file you can browse to where it is.  It should be on your hard drive not on a flash drive or external.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies