turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mooky5252

I tried to rush and do my taxes myself. I put $0 for everything and it says I don't get a return. Y can't I fix that

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I tried to rush and do my taxes myself. I put $0 for everything and it says I don't get a return. Y can't I fix that

You may be confusing a refund on your tax return with the stimulus payment. The stimulus payment is not shown on a tax return. If you had no income, you would not be eligible for a tax refund but you may be eligible for a stimulus payment.  The reason some people are filing a tax return who are not required to file is to get direct deposit information to the IRS for the stimulus payment. Use this TurboTax web site to do that instead of filling out a tax return yourself: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

If I misunderstood your situation, please elaborate. 

If you put zero for everything including zero for income, what did you expect?  Of course you get no refund for no income.  Try going back and taking the time to enter information slowly and carefully next time.  If you e-filed it---it should not go through, since a zero income return cannot be e-filed.  Try to click on "add a state" to get the software to let you back in.  

If you get stuck or confused about how/where to enter your information, post questions here as you go.  That would be a better approach than speeding through it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@mooky5252 

If you are  REQUIRED to file a 2019 return then you MUST enter your actual income in the program to file it.

If you are NOT required to file a 2019 return and you do NOT have SS benefits  then you can use the Registration program on the IRS site here :   https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

IRS SCREEN.pngirs non filers.pngirs non filers 2.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies