turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I recently downloaded the 2020 deluxe windows software and can not get past the "activation" window. The window is completely blank.

I disconnected from the Internet and launched product.  It gave me an error window saying I needed to be connected to the Internet to activate product.  So I did... and nothing.  I have McAfee installed.  I have read some posts about needed to disable it first.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I recently downloaded the 2020 deluxe windows software and can not get past the "activation" window. The window is completely blank.

Are you on Windows 10?  See this post about changing your screen resolution to 800x600

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/turbotax-2020-install-fails-on-activation-screen-... 

Yes, I am running W10.  I went to settings and changed the resolution.  Now the window displayed and I was able to enter the code to activate.  I went back and reverted and was able to launch the software without issues.  We shouldnt have to do this.

I then proceeded to apply software updates that were available.  Tried to launch and it prompted me for the activation code again.  I did the same trick again.  Do I have to do this every time I apply software updates?  

I remember having a similar issue with 2019 software.  I cant believe Intuit hasnt fixed this.

Tried this a few times with no luck. Uninstalled program and re loaded with the same result.

@overtaxedalot wrote:

Tried this a few times with no luck. Uninstalled program and re loaded with the same result.

You didn't mention your situation and your operating system, so I'll assume that means your issue is the same as the thread topic; i.e., that you're using Windows 10, and that you are getting a blank activation window during installation.   If lowering the screen resolution to 800x600 didn't help, then go back to Settings and see what your scaling setting is.   If scaling is set to higher than 100%, lower it to 100%.

Here's how to get there:   Settings>System>Display

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies