Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received multiple text that saids your non filers payment code is.... And gives me numbers why?? I never ask for it or been on turbo tax on long time

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received multiple text that saids your non filers payment code is.... And gives me numbers why?? I never ask for it or been on turbo tax on long time

Edited:

I suspect that someone is trying to file a non-filers tax return for stimulus money...but...they've messed up in entering their own email address (or phone number for texting), and that screw-up just happens to match your email address (or phone number for texting)..  They keep trying because they can't figure out why they are not getting the code sent to their own email/phone....it will never show up for them until they start over or fix their email address/phone.

That's just a guess on my part, but a similar thing happens many times each year.  But, no way for TTX to trace it.   IF you are uncomfortable with this, and just to make double sure you are OK, you might go into your account, and change your UserID and password for your account....write the new ones down in your tax file folder...because you will forget that you changed them by next tax season !!  While you are at it check the phone number you've entered for your account too.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Or their phone number ... probably off by one digit.  Ignore the texts ... they will figure it out eventually. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies