turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmryan86

I received first email from turbo tax regarding my stimulus, yet I did not receive the second email and have not received my stimulus. Does that mean I won’t get it and will have to claim it on t

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I received first email from turbo tax regarding my stimulus, yet I did not receive the second email and have not received my stimulus. Does that mean I won’t get it and will have to claim it on t

Unfortunately, TurboTax cannot track the status of your stimulus payment, as that information is held confidentially by the IRS. You can call the IRS at 1-800-919-9835 however.

I cannot determine why you did not receive a second e-mail, but if you don't receive your stimulus by the time you file your tax return this year, you can claim it on that tax return.

Stimulus payments began to be deposited Friday (January 8th) for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available today, but banks could take a few business days to process your payment.

You can use the following link to learn more:

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/?cid=...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

May not be worth the aggravation of calling the IRS.

The IRS will stop sending out payments on the 15th

The IRS begins accepting tax returns on the 27th

best to wait until at least the 27th to file; by that time any checks in the mail will have been delivered (or direct deposited).

if you don't receive the payment, then you'll get the credit for what is missing on your 2020 tax return by completing the "Federal Review" section where it will ask what you did receive and then what you are still owed will appear on Line 30 of the tax return - it will increase your refund (or decrease what you owe).  it is pretty simple.

Be Patient! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies