turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an email saying form CF-1040 for my city was now available, but my return still states "Do not file; form not final." Where can I access the new form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I received an email saying form CF-1040 for my city was now available, but my return still states "Do not file; form not final." Where can I access the new form?

What version of TurboTax are you using? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
robertaoben87
Returning Member

I'm having this same issue! I received an email saying my Common City Form CF-1040 are ready.

When I click on the link in the email, it takes me to the main page of TurboTax with nothing to do. 

I go to reprint my tax returns and it still says "DO NOT FILE  FORM NOT FINAL  DO NOT FILE".

HELP!

I am having the exact same problem. I received an email 8 days ago stating that my City tax forms are ready, but the "download/print return PDF" on my profile does not have the final forms in it for me to print: it still says "Form Not Final Do Not File" on the City return forms. 

Using the online version of TurboTax for 2020.

@MichelleLO - Pretty sure we're all using the online version since we are all referring to clicking the link in the email we received.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If the Form can e-file, then the message "Do Not File" is not relevant, as the printout would be for your records. Please let us know if this helps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If the CF1040 for Grand Rapids says FORM NOT COMPLETE DO NOT FILE does that mean it was e-filed already?  You site said City Tax returns have to be mailed in???  I need to know if my CF1040 was filed with the city or not.  Please advise. Very confusing.

What do you mean is not relevant? It states this on the form but no indication it was e-filed though my fed and state were and I was notified, but not for the city return.

@TiffanyL,

E-filing of City tax-returns is not offered for Grand Rapids, MI. It clearly states on the forms that they must be mailed in so it is relevant and the final forms are required to complete my filing for my city taxes.

I filed a help request for this issue on Saturday and my call got disconnected, and there was no way for me to call back, and I have not heard anything back from the support person for three days. 

The support person verified that the finalized CF-1040 and related forms ARE available in the TurboTax system, but for some reason they are not being updated on the "Download/print return (PDF)" option in my profile, and apparently for several other people as well. 

@roodvofj - you cannot e-file taxes with the City of Grand Rapids, MI (I also live there). So your city taxes have not been filed. You have to print off the forms and mail them in by April 30th.

Tiffany, I went to the City of GR tax department online and the form they have was not the same one TurboTax has that was completed but with that watermark NOT COMPLETE DO NOT FILE. I think TurboTax just needs the latest forms. The form on the city’s Tax Department form had a COVID section if you wanted to allocate earnings from working at home last year. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a bit of time with Support, we found a solution (not that it was already available).

1. On the TurboTax homepage, scroll to the bottom
  2. Click Add a State (this will re-open your return even if you already filed it)
  3. Under 'Your State Returns' click the Edit button next to your state
  4. Under 'Other situations' click Edit
  5. Under '{state} city tax' click Revisit
  6. Answer the questions on each page (again) until you return to the 'A few things before we wrap up your state taxes' page
  7. Click Done with other situations at the bottom of the page
  8. On the sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen click File
  9. On the 'Great job on your taxes!' page click the View or print your return link

That's it! While this doesn't fix the issue on the TurboTax homepage until sometime between now and next year, you can follow steps 1, 2, 8 and 9 to return to the PDF.

Except for a copy of your local W-2, it includes all of the pages you need:

• First two pages of your Federal Return (near the beginning)
  • Form CF-1040 (near the end)
  • W-2 Worksheet (at the end)

@Anonymous Thanks for posting this work-around. Worked for me too!

I guess us "early birds" got penalized because they didn't have the forms finalized yet!

This worked for me too - thank you so much!  I was getting so frustrated and could not get through over the phone.  Blessings to you boberry2009!

Manage cookies