turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a partial payment of my federal refund. Does this have anything to do with government shutdown? Is this normal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I received a partial payment of my federal refund. Does this have anything to do with government shutdown? Is this normal?

After acceptance, the next step is for the government to review your refund (processing).
During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.
If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.
Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.
beccain66
Returning Member

I had a tax warrant and I paid it off so I’m wondering if I was shortened because of the tax warrant? If so, now it’s paid off when will I get the balance back?

thanks,

Becky Bates

[phone number removed]

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

We don't have access to account information here in this forum. Assuming that you used the Refund Transfer process with TurboTax, you can use the FAQ link provided below to look up more information and get assistance with your partial refund. I would also suggest checking with the IRS directly:

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

@rolandobelloc

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies