turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jingliu

I received 1095-B form after I filed the 2015 tax return. Do I need to re-file it with the information on 1095B?

Also I have not checked any box of the health insurance box  when I was filling out the return. Because I actually cannot find any information about my health insurance at the time I filed the return.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RyanH2

I received 1095-B form after I filed the 2015 tax return. Do I need to re-file it with the information on 1095B?

To avoid any penalties you should have indicated on your return that you had health insurance all year. If you did this, you are fine as information from 1095-B is not needed on the return. However, if you did not go into the health insurance section and indicate that you had insurance, then you can file an amended return to do this.

If you have a 1095-B, a form titled Health Coverage, the IRS does NOT need any details from this form. You can keep any 1095-B forms you get from your health insurance company or the government agency that sponsors your plan for your records.

Customers frequently ask whether or not they have to enter this form, and the answer is no you do not. It is mostly for your records, but if it was ever requested then you would be able to present it.

To file an amended return:

1. Wait for your return to be accepted or rejected by the IRS

2. Log into your account, and at your tax timeline select your "2015 Tax Year"

3. Select to "Amend (Change) 2015 return" and follow the directions

The form 1040x, amended return, will be available on 02/11/2016. More step-by-step information will be found below once the form 1040x is available:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

zk3000

I ONLY 1095-B THIS YEAR 2019 BEFORE I RECEIVED BEFORE PREVIOUS 1095-A , I HAD MEDICAID LAST 2019 FOR BY ME WIFE AND OUR CHILDREN  

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

You don’t need to enter your Form 1095-B to file your return. Just keep it with your files.

The federal government repealed the health insurance penalty, so you will only need to enter your health insurance information if your state or jurisdiction has a penalty for not having it.

If we need info about your health insurance, we'll ask you about it in your state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies