turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cag20019
Returning Member

I purchased TurboTax with State however the program wants to charge me $39.99, what is wrong. Last year it was a simply click to download.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I purchased TurboTax with State however the program wants to charge me $39.99, what is wrong. Last year it was a simply click to download.

Where did you purchase the software?  If you purchased the Deluxe edition from a retailer then that edition is sold with or without a state program included in the purchase price.  Look on the box to verify the CD includes one state program.

If you purchased the Basic desktop edition, that edition does not include a state program in the purchase price.

cag20019
Returning Member

I understand there are two different editions of Delux available. The download was purchased from Costco and clearly states "with State". I need to have Turbotax resolve the matter as I do not want to spend $39.99 for something already purchased. I appreciate you time in responding and trying to help.

You are posting from online TurboTax so it looks like instead of using the desktop software you  purchased you may have strayed into online TT by mistake--which is why it is asking for extra fees.

When you use desktop software you should not be "logging in" with an account or user ID.  What did you do?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies