turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased/exercised ISO shares and know I will need to pay AMT. I can't find anywhere in the AMT section of TurboTax to add # of shares and strike price. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I purchased/exercised ISO shares and know I will need to pay AMT. I can't find anywhere in the AMT section of TurboTax to add # of shares and strike price. What do I do?

That information goes on the Schedule D and Turbo Tax will calculate the AMT for you. Unfortunately, the AMT worksheet is not scheduled to be released until January 29, 2020 and then Turbo Tax will work quickly to incorporate it into the return system.

You can check this link for any updates to the form 6251.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wrus09

Hey there,

For reference: I purchased (but did not sell) ISOs in 2019 and need to report the AMT I know I will owe, and even after upgrading cannot access this tool

I've upgraded to TurboTax Premier

I cannot find the ISO worksheet needed to complete form 6251 (I also cannot find 6251) anywhere.

When I attempt to access through federal income section, none of the options allow me to designate shares purchased. TurboTax help says that once upgraded, I can fill out this form, but after searching the internet I cannot find any way to get to it.

Can you please explain how to get to the ISO worksheet to complete this form?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies