turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I paid taxes to the IRS at time of filing. When I go to TurboTax, I see the amount I owed stating it's "Due". How do I know if the payment is processed by IRS in TurboTax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I paid taxes to the IRS at time of filing. When I go to TurboTax, I see the amount I owed stating it's "Due". How do I know if the payment is processed by IRS in TurboTax

TurboTax receives no information whatsoever from the IRS once an e-filed return has been accepted by the IRS.  

TurboTax has no way to know when or even if taxes owed were ever paid.  The Taxes Due status on the TurboTax web page will not change.

Your only proof of payment is your bank or credit card statement showing it coming out.  The IRS or state never tells Turbo Tax that they got your payment.  Turbo Tax will always say tax due or refund.  That is just the result of your tax return.  Once Turbo Tax sends your return to the IRS they are done with their part.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies