turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I paid my turbo tax fees with my fed return and it went through a 3rd party before it went to my bank account, does the fed govt have my bank info for stimulus payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I paid my turbo tax fees with my fed return and it went through a 3rd party before it went to my bank account, does the fed govt have my bank info for stimulus payment?

Probably not. If you would like to set up direct deposit to receive your payment directly to your bank account, the IRS said it expects to have an online tool you can use to set up and track electronic payments by April 17.

Turbo Card and Stimulus Deposits - What you need to know

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

Probably isnt a direct answer!! I have read other post they say otherwise as long as your account is listen on your 1040 line 20 a and b that were your refund will be deposit irs doesnt look at bank just account is what i read

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

But the question here is whether the account listed on your return is a third party account that you authorized to accept your tax refund so that you could pay your tax fees and will they forward that money to your bank account as they did for part of your refund. The answer here is: they will probably not.

You will need to wait for the Treasury to set up the web portal for you to enter the banking information. If you did not have a refund with Direct Deposit, the IRS does not have your banking information. 

"In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail."

See more info here on the Treasury website.

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.  We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in the tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in the tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got a refund advance and I also paid the fees with my refund. However, I did check the bank Info on my return and it matches the info for the Turbo card I received. Does that mean my stimulus payment will go to the card?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards. However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018. If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do. If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly. We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

@KrystalR

My turbo card account number and direct deposit number are same on my 1040 as my prepaid turbo card

KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

Here is the latest statement we received:

“The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com

The IRS is launching “Get My Payment” where you can track your stimulus payment as well as update banking information if your payment has not yet been issued.

It is slated to be active April 17th.

IRS Get My Payment

SBTG  website states that the IRS will make these deposits if for some reason they receive someone stimulus payment they will send back to IRS to reissue if they can locate your info if not they will deposit and charge you fees info been so conflicting some experts say yes IRS has your DD info because its on line 20 A and B of your 1040 

I’m tired of even searching for an answer. I’m just gonna wait until the  “Get my payment” website is up and running. Honestly, I’d rather it didn’t go to the turbo card. I wouldn’t have chose it if I didn’t need the refund advance. Chime is where it’s at because they will not place a hold on it like most banks! This is ridiculous and I feel like a lot of ppl will not be choosing Turbo Card in the future, or if anything will opt to not have the fees taken out of there refund! 

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

The IRS is setting up a portal where you can enter your bank information to receive the Stimulus Payment as a direct deposit.  

Economic Impact Payments  

Currently this portal is not available, it is expected to be available soon.  Keep checking the website for updates. 

Turbo Card and Stimulus Deposits - What you need to know 

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund. 

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know: 

• I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible. 

I didnt have a card it was DD after fees from SBTG

IRS.gov says the website will be up on Friday so you’ll be able to check on your payment and change banking info if needed. We’re all tired of seeing the same generated response.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If your tax return has your personal bank information that was used to either receive a direct deposit of your refund or was used to pay your tax due then the IRS has your bank information to use for your direct deposit of your stimulus check.

You have to go to irs.gov on there go to get my payment and it will tell you they need more information and a link where you can put your bank information in for direct deposit. I do not know why turbo card will not work.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies