Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I paid for Turbo Tax (home and business) in October. How can I apply the money I paid for it online?

I can I apply the money I paid to the return that I've completed online.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I paid for Turbo Tax (home and business) in October. How can I apply the money I paid for it online?

I'm sorry, but no one in the Community will be able to assist you.  Are you sure you purchased TurboTax Home & Business in October?  Is it the 2019 software?  I ask because the 2019 programs weren't released until November of 2019.

If you purchased the CD from TurboTax, you "may" be able to return it for a refund if it is unopened.  You'll just need to contact TurboTax Customer Support to see what can be done.  Use the info below during business hours to contact Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Yes. I'm sure I paid for the 2019 version...it wasn't available for download until November. I was enticed by an email sent out by Turbo Tax to purchase in advance. I purchased directly from Turbo Tax. It was a download so there was no CD. I did download it after I got all my info into the online program. But there wasn't an easy way to transfer the info back to the downloaded version.

My account is recognized on both versions--but not my payment. I have my receipt but it is after the 60day return policy. But since I did use the online version--I think they should allow me to return it.

Eloise Boren

How did you end up using Online TurboTax instead of the software you bought?   The desktop version is more fully-featured and has the benefit of Forms Mode.

If you haven't already paid for the Online version, one option is to download the *.tax2019 data file you started and finish it in your desktop software and then file it from the desktop software.   We can tell you how.

Otherwise, the only other thing you can do is talk to TurboTax Support and see if you can work out some kind of deal to finish and file in the Online product either without paying again, or by refunding your desktop software purchase. 

BTW, you are in the most expensive online product.  You are using Live Self-Employed instead of regular Self-Employed.  Live Self-Employed is currently $170 for a Federal return and $50 for a state return.     Regular Self-Employed is currently $90 for a Federal return and $40 for a state return.

Is that what you wanted?  Live TurboTax allows for live on-demand help from a CPA/EA tax expert during return preparation and a final review of your return prior to filing.    It's possible to remove that Live feature prior to filing, if you don't want it.

FAQ:  What is TurboTax Live?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-turbotax-live/01/27191

Here's how to reach Customer Support:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@RichEloise I'm sorry for the confusion.  However, no one here in the Community would be able to assist you.  You'll still need to contact TT Support for assistance, using the info I shared in my first response.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies