Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

foleyti

I need to talk to live to someone at Turbo Tax

I have been trying for over an hour to talk to someone at Turbo Tax on entering certain income information. All I get is a voice mail and their advice is to have me click the Help button on the web site which I have done several times but with no luck. Any suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
Rob51648

I will never use your service again I need to talk to a live person on the phone but number you don't work so I guess you will not receive any payment from me for preparation and filing of taxes and I stopped my bank account to, if you have any questions please call me at [phone number removed] DO NOT EMAIL ME I WANT TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON. THANKS
AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

Hi there! If you'd like to contact us by phone you can do so one of two ways:

What is the TurboTax number?

Contact Us

Gfry

I’m trying to talk to a live representative and cannot get through
Gfry

I am haveing same problem I am going to file a Formal complaint with the better business bureau

Turbo Tax sucks--I can't even get the pricing on a purchase without their REQUIREMENT that I give billing information and credit card!  NOT going to do this until I see if the coupon promised is real or not.  NO customer support to contact.  Reluctant to do it, but looks like time to switch to H&R Block software--turbotax sucks

ontcob
Returning Member

you have to pay to talk to someone. Even if the system is glitching and giving wrong info.

It’s been 5 months no return can not find that IRS got me return y’all were helpful til now now I need her I can’t even talk to anybody I should be never used Turbo Tax 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, TurboTax cannot track your tax refund. 

Unfortunately, the IRS is  understaffed due to COVID-19. This has impacted the processing of returns. To check the status of your federal refund, visit the IRS refund tool here. If you do not receive your refund by the time the IRS resumes normal operations, please reach out to them at 800 829 1040.

@chevybelair5557

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@chevybelair5557 wrote:

It’s been 5 months no return can not find that IRS got me return y’all were helpful til now now I need her I can’t even talk to anybody I should be never used Turbo Tax 

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

I QUALIFIED FOR FILING FREE, WHY WAS I CHARGED ? ON MY PHONE WHEN I GO TO  TURBOTAX ON LINE THE EMAIL IS NOT MINE. IT SAYS M*****[email address removed]  WHO IS THAT ? IT IS NOT ME. AND WHEN WILL I GET MY MONEY AND WHY IS MY STIMUL;OUS MONEY IN THERE AND WHY DID I NOT GET A CASH CARD  [phone number removed]

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

This is a public internet forum so we are not able to call you and your personal information has been removed for your protection. 

Do you have any other TurboTax fees being deducted from your tax refund? If you selected to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, there may be an additional fee for the Refund Processing Service

You can view a breakdown of your TurboTax charges by signing in to your online return. Once you have signed in and selected to continue your return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner. In the pop-up window, select My Fees to get a breakdown of your TurboTax charges.

How do I remove the Premium Services bundle

Please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

If your address hasn't changed in the last year, you can get a replacement card through Green Dot's automated phone system by calling (888) 285-4169.

If your address has changed, you will need to talk to a live agent to get a replacement card sent to your current address by calling (888) 285-4169.

Please be aware that call volume can be high at this time. To help you reach a Green Dot Representative, follow these steps:

1. Dial 888-285-4169 and when asked for SSN or Card number, DO NOT input anything. Wait to be prompted about the Turbo Visa Debit Card.
  2. Choose option 1.
  3. Then choose option 2, enter your SSN, zip code, and date of birth when prompted.
  4. You'll hear messaging stating they are connecting you to a representative.

Please click Don't have your Turbo Card anymore? to learn more.

stan213139
Returning Member

I worked with Kareen to install my business and home product. The icon came up showing it was installed and than it went away and I cannot bring turbo tax up

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Check your TurboTax Downloads account (click that link and sign in) to find the products you have purchased and can download to your PC.   Your can also search on your computer to see if you already have the products downloaded.   This is a public user forum with no phone access to TurboTax Customer Service.   You can use the options below to contact someone via telephone if you are unable to locate or install your TurboTax products.

What is the TurboTax number?

Contact Us

@stan213139

How do I get to talk to a real person?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies