turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to talk to a real person. You're no helping me!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

We are real people.  What is your question?  This is the only post you have made under this username.

What is your question?  Everyone on this TurboTax user community message forum is a real person.

I am looking everywhere as to where I get my vouchers to make payments. I also need information on how to pay each month 

If you are an individual taxpayer and wish to make estimated payments - and did not request when preparing your return for vouchers, then the system would not have known to produce them for you. This is truly not a problem, however, as you can still make estimated payments - monthly or quarterly - that is entirely up to you. All you would need to do is make sure that on the check you are going to mail out - in the memo field - document the return in which you are submitting payment for (ex. : 2020 Federal 1040 Schedule C estimated payment) along with your social security number or federal ID number if this is for a business. You can also get vouchers off of the IRS website...

IRS - 2021 Estimated Payment Vouchers

You can also get these for your State as well - just go to the States' Department of Revenue and/or Division of Taxation website and run a search for them. 

@aelungs11   Or do you want to make payments for your current tax due?  Don't confuse 1040ES Estimated payments for prepaying next year's taxes with paying your 2020 tax due.  

I want to make payments over 72 months

BillM223
Expert Alumni

You want to make what payments over 72 months?

Do you have an IRS installment plan from a previous tax debt?

Have you seen this IRS webpage?

If you already have an installment agreement, then you need to contact the IRS to discuss adjusting the terms of your agreement.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wfecorp1

I have been trying to amend my 2021 tax return and file it 

wfecorp1

is there some one here

@wfecorp1 This is not live chat.  The user forum works like a message board.  You post a question and wait until someone replies to you.   You say that you are trying to amend 2021.  What problem are you having?   The amended 2021 return will need to be filed by mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I just received a letter from the IRS to verify a return that I already filed and paid. They’re saying they don’t have a verification of who I am and they’re wanting me to verify my return that they received what’s up with that

@Bigmick  wrote:

I just received a letter from the IRS to verify a return that I already filed and paid. They’re saying they don’t have a verification of who I am and they’re wanting me to verify my return that they received what’s up with that

The IRS sends these identity verification letters to taxpayers after receiving an e-filed/paper-filed tax return, before processing a refund. Sometimes this is to randomly verify identification as a measure to prevent identity theft and to test and strengthen IRS internal controls. In other instances, this is to verify the identity as a duplicate tax return might have been filed using the same Social Security number.

Follow the instructions on the IRS notice you received.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies