turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to start my 2018 taxes. Where do I go to do this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You can no longer use TurboTax Online to file for 2018. TurboTax Online is only for the current tax year, which is now 2019. To file for 2018 you have to use the CD or download TurboTax software for 2018. You can purchase a download at the following link.

http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products.jsp

You might get a better price from a reputable online seller that still has TurboTax for 2018 in stock.

Tax returns for past years cannot be e-filed. You will have to print your 2018 tax return, sign it, and file it by mail.

imtdwarren2
Returning Member

I downloaded the Turbo software. It keeps asking me to find my 2018 tax return to admen, but I need to start my filing.  How can I get past the admen to START? 

@imtdwarren2 wrote:

I downloaded the Turbo software. It keeps asking me to find my 2018 tax return to admen, but I need to start my filing.  How can I get past the admen to START? 

Did you download and install the TurboTax software for 2018 from this TurboTax website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

If so, after you installed and started the TurboTax program it asks you if you want to start a new tax return.  Or you can start a new 2018 tax return by clicking on the File menu on the top left of the desktop program screen and then click on New Tax Return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies