turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tierriabd

I need to file electronically for my state return, however I can’t fix the SNN on my home heating credit form in order to process it. Why is it not letting me an making me choose to mail it if I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

I need to file electronically for my state return, however I can’t fix the SNN on my home heating credit form in order to process it. Why is it not letting me an making me choose to mail it if I

You should be able to choose how to file your return at the end of the filing process.

However, if the File by mail option isn’t available, you probably previously selected to pay your TurboTax fees through your tax refund. In order to file by mail, you’ll need to instead pay with a credit or debit card. Here’s how to change your payment method from pay by refund, to pay by credit or debit card. Once you change your payment method, you'll see the File by mail option as described above. Select this and continue to

(If you're using the Free Edition of TurboTax: You obviously won't have to pay, but you'll be asked to register. Just follow the instructions on the screen after selecting File by mail as above.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies