turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlben1992

I need to download my 2016 returns, so I tried to upgrade to PLUS, but I didn't realize I already selected it, so I selected Deluxe. How do I downgrade back to PLUS?

I already filed for 2018. I'm just having issues with deselecting DELUXE, so I can go with PLUS. This system is extremely confusing. Please help someone!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I need to download my 2016 returns, so I tried to upgrade to PLUS, but I didn't realize I already selected it, so I selected Deluxe. How do I downgrade back to PLUS?

Since you have already filed the 2018 return and have now upgraded too far to Deluxe, you cannot downgrade it  yourself.   If you try to pay now, it will charge you 59.99 for Deluxe, and possibly 44.99 for a state return.    But this can be resolved.

You'll need to phone TurboTax Support during business hours, tell them you accidentally upgraded too far after filing, and ask them to unlock the prior returns for you.   They may not even charge you.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies