turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to clear and start my return over but I already registered my account. What should I do?

TurboTax  told me I needed to mail in my taxes so I saved and printed the documents. I realized I needed to add information. I amended my taxes and saved and printed those. Since I never mailed it submitted them, I want to start over and can’t because it says I’ve registered. What should I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I need to clear and start my return over but I already registered my account. What should I do?

If you never mailed or filed the original return you do not amend.  So first delete the amended return.  How to delete an Amended return in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-turbota...

Then fix up your original return and try filing again.   Why couldn't you efile it?

Or if you haven't paid and want to start over you can abandon this account and setup a brand new account.  Online is only good for 1 return per account.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

Thank you for your help! I had no taxable income so everything was zeros. I realized I could add education credits for my dependent which gave me a refund. 

I tried to go back in and fix it but it won’t let me. I’m going to make a new account. Thanks again , I really appreciate it!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies