turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

canille1
Returning Member

I need to change payment method

I need to change payment account

@canille1 

For what--your Advantage account?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900547-how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-info-in-my-turbotax-advanta...

Or are you asking about paying something else?  You have added to a long thread full of other people's posts, and your question is not clear.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
canille1
Returning Member

I receive a turbo tax disc each year to prepare my taxes.  This year  I need to change my payment card number in my account, but I have not been able to get to anyone at Turbo Tax to help me change my account. Please help!

@canille1 Please use the link already provided to you above to change your Advantage account information.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Which payment method? The method you want to use to pay TurboTax Fees, the method for your refund, or the method you wish to pay taxes due?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

with millions and millions of people being required to sign up for unemployment and wanting to get it as soon as possible, I am sure you have reconsidered this now. 

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

This may help if you need to change your payment How do I change my payment date?

@basicbosch

I need to change my payment info, I don’t have my bank account anymore. How do I go about it? I’ve tried calling the IRS but can’t get through. Please help.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you trying to change your payment information for receiving your refund or for paying taxes due?

If you selected to receive a refund via direct deposit and your bank account has since closed, the funds will be returned to the IRS and the IRS will mail you a paper refund check.  Allow 1-3 weeks to receive your check.  What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

If you are trying to change your direct debit information for paying taxes owed, you will need to call the IRS e-file Payment Services right away at 1-888-353-4537 – they're open 24/7.  What if I entered the wrong account for direct debit, or my account has insufficient funds?

Gr8xkpr55

Unfriendly app.  Unable to change my payment method.

they may not get paid at all since I had to cancel that credit card 

I need to change my banking info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you have filed your return, you are not able to change the method you will receive your refund.  See our FAQ regarding Entering the wrong direct deposit information.

shannonkelly123
Returning Member

Please change payment method

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@shannonkelly123 Once you have already filed your return then you will not be able to change your payment method. If you have not yet filed then you may revisit the File section and make the update accordingly.

E filed my taxes with Turbo tax need to change banking account information 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies