Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need my w2 from Walmart. I don't know my EIN because I no longer work there.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

101 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need my w2 from Walmart. I don't know my EIN because I no longer work there.

Employers have until January 31 to mail out W-2 forms. If your employer fails to give you your W-2 by February 14, you should contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. The IRS will ask you for some info before following up with your employer. After notifying the IRS, you can either continue waiting for your W-2, or paper-file your return using Form 4852 and your last paystub. Click this blue link for  Instructions

Here's a link to the IRS website with more information about W-2 replacement https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/w-2-additional-incorrect-lost-non-receipt-omitted/w-2-additi...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bees
Level 7

Make sure your employer has your correct address. If you have moved make sure you have an active change of address on file with the post office. 

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc157

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.

Good morning is it in  kind of way that I can get my W2

WKins2
Expert Alumni

The best way to get your W-2 is to call your former employer Walmart if you have not received your W-2 by the second week in February (W-2's are required to be mailed out by 1/31/2020). If you do not get your copy, please request they mail you another one so you have it. 

Another option is to import your W-2 into the tax software (if your employer participates in this). If you worked for Walmart in the past, you can use certain pieces of information from your prior W-2 to answer the questions which will allow you to import it. 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

You should contact Walmart to get a copy of your W2.  The EIN is an Employer Identification Number that is issued to and identifies Walmart to the IRS.  

Need my w2

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Please see Solved: What can I do if I have not received my W2 from a ...  Your employer must provide you a W2 if you request it.  You really cannot prepare an accurate tax return without it.

@Heavenbjjr2

549-84-0232
Returning Member

I need my W-2 form from Walmart.  don't have an EIN because I no longer work there.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You need to contact your employer to get a copy of your W2.

lovecord25
Returning Member

I don't have them 

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Try clicking here to get Walmart's EIN number then use these instructions to see if you can import your W-2 into TurboTax:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select the search icon at the top of the page and search for W-2 and select the Jump to link.
  3. Select Work on my W-2 now and Continue.
    1. If you've already entered a W-2, select the Add another W-2 button.
  4. Enter your Employer Identification Number (EIN) from Box b on your W-2.
  5. If your W-2 can be imported, you'll come to the Great news! We can automatically import your W-2 info automatically screen. Provide the requested information to complete your import.
LucelynT

I need it because I want to be done my tax return

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Follow the instructions given by Community user AlanT222 in the post before yours, or use the instructions provided by Walmart at this link.

@LucelynT

FausCas
Returning Member

I need my w2 from Walmart I haven’t receive it I quit and I need my form my email is [email address removed] my phone number is [phone number removed] 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies