turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cordesc2
Returning Member

I need my return from year 2016 florida for the IRS where can i download it when i did it in turbo tax ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

I need my return from year 2016 florida for the IRS where can i download it when i did it in turbo tax ?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

cordesc2
Returning Member

Hi
I obviously found this already but I can’t download it then it says , go in the search and look for prior year return what I did .

I also got the deluxe edition so how can I download it now I need it within 80 days for the irs ?

When you sign in do you SEE the 2016 return listed at the bottom of the screen ?   If yes have you PAID for the 2018 Deluxe program yet ? 

cordesc2
Returning Member

Yes that’s exactly what I see , but I can’t download them . I just saw that I have turbo tax deluxe , and I have no button in my menu to upgrade it .

Is it the Federal 2016 return that you actually want?     Why did you mention Florida?   Florida has no state income tax return per se.  Just a Form DR-405 for FL businesses and rental properties with tangible personal property to be filed with the county property appraiser by April 1 of each year.

If you are now in Online Deluxe for your 2018 return, that is already more than enough to unlock a prior-year return, so do not upgrade any further.  The minimum payment is Free Edition upgraded to PLUS at 19.99, but 2018 Deluxe is 59.99 for Federal (and 44.99 for state).

Did you use Online Deluxe to prepare your 2018 return?   If so, have you already paid and filed it?  Or is the 2018 return still in preparation?    Do you need Deluxe because of the situations in your 2018 return?   Or did you upgrade a 2018 Free Edition too far and ended up in Deluxe?   Are the 2016 and 2018 returns in the SAME account?

If you don't need Deluxe for your 2018 return, we can tell you what to do when you answer all the questions I asked above.

cordesc2
Returning Member

I got my return in 2016 and Florida ist he only state I lived in . I did not do my 2018 return because I don’t live in the states anymore since one year . I need my 2016 return to get my return for 2017. because the irs want to verify my identity .

cordesc2
Returning Member

And yes it’s all in the same account . I mailed already my 2017 return but like above they need all the information from my 2016 return that I get my money.

So I just want to download it but can’t get any further bc turbo tax block me to download it

cordesc2:
You said the 2016 return is blocked.   Do you mean it's asking you to pay to download it?   We can tell you how to pay to unlock it.    There's also a free option if a 2016 return transcript will suit your purpose.  You may be able to immediately download a free transcript at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript from the IRS to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Otherwise, the method to pay to unlock the 2016 return depends on what all you have done with your 2018 return.   Normally one will need to upgrade a 2018 Free Edition return to PLUS and pay 19.99 by credit/debit card  using a USA credit/debit card with US billing address.   You won't actually have to prepare the 2018 return, just start one in the same account long enough to pay.   The following lists the steps to use. 

• Log in, and if you haven't already started a 2018 return, then start a 2018 return in Free Edition in the SAME account as the 2016 return.  If you already started one, open it.
  • After some preliminary screens you'll come to the MY INFO section.  See if there is an Upgrade link in the left menu column.
  • If there is no Upgrade link, you'll need to fill out some info in the MY INFO section first.  Then there should be an Upgrade link in the left column.
  • Click Upgrade, then choose PLUS.  Do NOT upgrade any higher, or you'll have problems.
  • Once  you are in PLUS, you need to pay.
  • In the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • In the Print Center choose "Print, save, view THIS YEAR's return."   (yes, you say "this year's" because you are paying for PLUS 2018 to unlock the prior returns.)  You don't really have to print it.
  • On the next screen choose to PAY NOW.  (for this unlocking purpose, you cannot use the "Pay Later" feature if it's offered.)
  • The next screen will be an Order Summary.  It should show PLUS for 29.99.
  • Next screen says "Pay with Credit Card", but it can also be a debit card or prepaid debit card.  It will need to be a US card with a US billing address.
  • Once paid, that should unlock all prior returns in that same account.

cordesc2
Returning Member

Hi I’m willing to pay for that bc I need that report very urgent , but like I mention I don’t live for more then one year in the states and don’t have an American credit card / billing address so how do we do that now ?

@cordesc2 wrote:
Hi I’m willing to pay for that bc I need that report very urgent , but like I mention I don’t live for more then one year in the states and don’t have an American credit card / billing address so how do we do that now ?

You can't pay without a US credit card/billing address.    

If you can call US 800 numbers (will not be a free call from a foreign country), you could phone TurboTax Support on Monday, but you might not get through to them.  Normally one has to have used a current paid product (2018 PLUS or higher) in order to have phone support.

If you want to try, here's how:

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or if you have Facebook or Twitter, you can message a TurboTax Support agent directly, tell them the situation, and perhaps they will be kind enough to unlock your return for you.    The hours there are same as above.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

cordesc2
Returning Member

I checked also in the left hand side the upgrade slide and it tells me I’m already on plus and deluxe so I can’t do all ur steps mentioned the next upgrade would be one for 59 usd

So I try to contact them via fb

You also said " I don’t live for more then one year in the states."

What does that mean?   Does that mean you were only living and working in the US for one year?   

Are you a US citizen?    If you were not a US citizen, were you here in the USA in 2016 on a visa?  If so, what type of visa?   From what country?   If you were classified as a non-resident alien, you may have an additional problem, since TurboTax cannot prepare returns for non-resident aliens.

So what was your citizenship status?   If not a US citizen, what country?  TurboTax can only prepare returns for US citizens and "resident aliens for tax purposes."    TurboTax cannot prepare a Form 1040-NR for non-resident aliens.  If you were not a US citizen, what dates were you in the US, from what country, and under what type of visa, and I can ask someone familiar with international filing situations to comment.

@cordesc2 wrote:
I checked also in the left hand side the upgrade slide and it tells me I’m already on plus and deluxe so I can’t do all ur steps mentioned the next upgrade would be one for 59 usd

So I try to contact them via fb

That means you have upgraded too far.   You would first have to downgrade to Free Edition by using "Clear and start over", and then upgrade to PLUS (19.99).    But if you can't pay, there's no point in doing that.

If you're lucky, when you use Facebook, you can talk TurboTax Support into just unlocking the return when you explain all the problems you are having since you are in a foreign country and have no US credit card and billing address.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies