turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

debbrady

I need my 6 digit code sent by text?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

148 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

TurboTax will send a text message to your phone with the six-digit code. You will need to provide your mobile number.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need a 6 digit code to finalize my taxes for the email 

Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. If you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close. Also, make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. Please wait a few minutes after each code request to receive your email. It is not generated instantly. 

You can also request your code via text message. To receive your codes through text please complete the following: 

1. Sign into your account
  2. Select My Account
  3. Select Account Settings
  4. Select the blue Security tab on the left
  5. Select Two Step Verification
  6. Select Turn On
  7. Enter your Phone Number and Password
  8. Sign out of TurboTax, close your browser and sign back in. You should receive a verification code shortly after signing back into your account. 

If you are still unable to get the code to work through text, choose I forgot my user ID or password and then choose I don't know my email address or user ID. You’ll be asked to provide some information about yourself, and then you’ll be asked a few questions verify your identity. If that method fails, you’ll get a phone number to contact customer support.

[phone number removed]

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Request your code via text message. To receive your codes through text please complete the following: 

1. Sign in to your account
  2. Select My Account
  5. Select Two-Step Verification
  6. Select Turn On
  8. Sign out of TurboTax, close your browser and sign back in. You should receive a verification code shortly after signing back into your account. 

If you are still unable to get the code to work through text, choose I forgot my user ID or password and then choose I don't know my email address or user ID. You’ll be asked to provide some information about yourself, and then you’ll be asked a few questions to verify your identity. If that method fails, you’ll get a phone number to contact customer support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need my 6 digit code text to me

Read the thread you just posted to ... the instructions are listed twice. 

I am at a computer now to file 2018 taxes. You sent me a 6 digit code. I enter the code you sent to me by email. And computer told me code had expired. Can you help me with this?

You must leave the window asking for the code OPEN while you use a second window to check the email ... if you close it the code will not be valid.  

Shawnm1966
Returning Member

I need my 6 digit code to sign and file my return to my phone [phone number removed]

Shawnm1966
Returning Member

[phone number removed]

Do NOT try to post your phone number on the PUBLIC forum ... only scammers will call you.  

Request your code via text message. To receive your codes through text please complete the following: 

1. Sign in to your account
  2. Select My Account
  5. Select Two-Step Verification
  6. Select Turn On
DEEJAY60

I did not write down my 6 digit code once I filed my taxes. How do I get that code so I can use it net year?

@ DEEJAY60 wrote:

I did not write down my 6 digit code once I filed my taxes. How do I get that code so I can use it net year?

What type of 6-digit code?  The emailed code to verify your email address prior to efiling?  Or a 6-digit IP PIN, or what?

In either case, the 6-digit code cannot be used next year.

Only the 5-digit Self-Select PIN (where you chose the digits) used to sign your return can be used again next year, if desired.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies