Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to taxes for 2018 and started form online but noticed it was 2019 how do I erase what I stared for 2019 taxes and start 2018

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

I'm trying to taxes for 2018 and started form online but noticed it was 2019 how do I erase what I stared for 2019 taxes and start 2018

You will need to purchase the disc or download to prepare your 2018 taxes after the extension. The online 2018 program is no longer available. You will also need to print and mail your return as the 2018 return can no longer be e-filed.

Where can I buy old versions of TurboTax? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

...to get rid of all that 2018 stuff in the 2019 program...

1) get back into the Online interview for 2019.....you must be already into the actual interview.

2)   down on the left side of the screen is a selection called "Tax Tools".

3)  Select "Tax Tools" to expand it , and there is a sub-selection to "Clear & Start Over".

Then you can start some of your 2019 info...then exit the program and come back later to work in 2019....when you get all your tax info in Jan-Feb of 2020

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Online preparation and e-filing for 2018 is permanently closed.

To file a return for a prior tax year

If you need to prepare a return for 2016, 2017, or 2018 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies