turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm looking to file form 8332, to claim my child as a dependent this year. I'm also looking to upload the court order that states it is my year to claim him.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I'm looking to file form 8332, to claim my child as a dependent this year. I'm also looking to upload the court order that states it is my year to claim him.

You cannot upload a document to the 2019 TurboTax online tax return.  Nor is a court order required to be sent to the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8332 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/where-is-form-8332/01/26047

In the dependent section ,  follow the interview screens to indicate you are claiming the child with a form 8332 ... then after you file you will need to mail in that form with form 8453 within 3 days of efiling ... read and follow the instructions given in the program AND on the filing instruction page that prints with the return.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies