turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wvbrendle

I left SS income off my 2018 return. why was something like this not picked up by my purchase and use of the Premier package?

Why was a mistake like leaving major income off my return not picked up and questioned?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I left SS income off my 2018 return. why was something like this not picked up by my purchase and use of the Premier package?

Income can come from thousands of sources.    TurboTax does not know the source of your income unless you tell it.     If you went through the entire interview without bypassing sections then it would ask about SS income in the retirement section.    The bottom line is that you are responsible for double checking your return before filing to be sure that you reported all of your income.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

simple you either bypassed the question or when asked click to continue or answered no

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies