Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I keep getting told that I’m double filing? That someone already filed a return under my SSN, but this wasn’t me. How do I get around this without printing out my return?

I started filing a while ago, but I’m still using the same account. So how do I clear that up so I can continue and e-file?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I keep getting told that I’m double filing? That someone already filed a return under my SSN, but this wasn’t me. How do I get around this without printing out my return?

What is the reject code you received from the IRS?

Hal_Al
Level 15

See this TurboTax article on ID theft:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/security/identity-theft-what-to-do-if-someone-has-already-filed...

But, did the reject notice actually say someone  filed a return using your SSN or did it say your SSN has been used, as in somebody claimed you as a dependent?

The bottom line is you are very unlikely to be able to e-file and will have to print and mail your return. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you use the non-filers option to get your stimulus payment? if so that was a return you filed.    the IRS has not posted instructions on a work-around for this so you can either wait to see if it does or paper file. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies