turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TE5LA

I keep getting this error "That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)" when trying to import my stock trades from webull. What could be going wrong?

I got the exact message using Mint which is owned by Intuit. The reason I was given by support is that my bank password was too good (long) so they can't be connected. Apparently, they use a very insecure limitation of 15 characters which is easily hacked today. I can't believe this lack of security.

TE5LA

I keep getting this error "That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)" when trying to import my stock trades from webull. What could be going wrong?

Shorten the password for the account you are trying to connect to. 15 characters or less.

@TE5LA Sounds like you are trying to import financial data after the tax filing deadline.   Your financial institution has likely taken 2020 information down and you will need to enter your data by hand now,

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
TE5LA1
Returning Member

@xmasbaby0 This is crazy that I have to create a whole new username to reply, but I tried a dozen times and it forced me to.

But no, I am not talking about taxes at all. I'm talking about regular daily syncing to a bank account from Mint. It won't work if your bank password is over 15 characters. It is a limitation in the system which I hope they will change soon. I don't relish the idea of my bank password getting hacked just so Mint can update my data.

Sorry this is just a Turbo Tax forum.  You need to find a Mint forum or ask over at Quicken.

https://www.quicken.com/support#windows 

Here is Mint support

https://help.mint.com/ 

TE5LA1
Returning Member

@VolvoGirl I wasn't asking a question. I was trying to help others with the exact same error (103) I was getting when using an Intuit product. I'll bet the 103 error means it is not accepting the user's credentials (password too long).

TE5LA1
Returning Member

From Intuit's website:

If you see error 103, it usually means the user ID or password is incorrect for the bank account you’re trying to connect.

Mike288

32A85F6D-3557-4D9A-9D0C-39E27ABAB037.png

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please log completely out of TurboTax, then try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. Please see the TurboTax FAQ's on how to clear your cache here. To learn how to delete your cookies, please see the TurboTax FAQ here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

ive tried both webull and apex clearing and still have had no success. di  anyone get this to work?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Are you able to login to the account outside of TurboTax? @CP121

yes i am logged in.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to clear the cache on your browser. 

Please let us know if you are experiencing the same error in the return. @CP121

I'm having the same issue myself. There is another thread covering this same topic and there has been no sound solution. I have tried everything that I can think of and know that I had this same problem last year. I don't know how it resolved itself, but I never manually entered my data from Webull, and it somehow got in there for last year's filing. Again, I think I just remember waking up one morning and magically, it worked. 

Users have said anything from create an account with Apex (It appears their website no longer allows for that option) to trying Webull and Apex and then entering the credentials. 

The other thread for this discussion is here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/it-is-not-accepting-my-webull-account-number/00/1...

I am a website designer so very familiar with computers and coding. I've tried clearing all of my cookies. Even tried private browser. Attempted on my mobile device. Checked my Webull security settings and didn't see any issues.

I was able to connect Robinhood and Acorns to my Turbo Tax account without any issues. That being said, the entry is based on your account number and a document ID. Obviously, it's different for Webull. I'm not sure what the solution is but I'll be calling both TurboTax and Webull. 

It appears to me the support Team over this past year has (as this problem has been ongoing) has done very little to present a solution to this issue. When something is this big of a problem, you have your team investigate it deeply and write a blog post about the solution. 

Instead, we're all stuck running around digging for answers. I have been looking for FOUR HOURS now. I'm not a dumb person. So if you find a solution, please post for all to share. And I'll gladly make a video about it so those in the future don't need to suffer through this misery. 

I'm a day trader....so entering the data manually is a NO-GO for me. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies