turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I keep getting rejected because my wife AGI is not going through. I don't understand why, can you help? We filled married jointly

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I keep getting rejected because my wife AGI is not going through. I don't understand why, can you help? We filled married jointly

If you filed the 2019 tax return as Married Filing Jointly the 2019 AGI is the same for the both of you.

The 2019 AGI is on the 2019 federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 8b

Thank you for responding and yes I know that but they keep rejecting my return for that reason.

@anthonyda1985 wrote:

Thank you for responding and yes I know that but they keep rejecting my return for that reason.

Have you tried entering a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI?

I did that on the second rejection.

@anthonyda1985 wrote:

I did that on the second rejection.

Then the IRS database for comparing the 2019 AGI with the Social Security number and name of the taxpayer is in error.  The tax return will have to be printed and mailed since the IRS continues to reject the e-filed tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies