turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dzaymg76

I just purchased the download and want to start a new return. I do not see an option to create a new return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I just purchased the download and want to start a new return. I do not see an option to create a new return.

Did you download and update the software?  Did you enter the license code when you did that?  Are you opening the software program from your own hard drive and NOT going online and using a log in and user ID?  You do not use a log in or user ID if you are using desktop software (except for that beginning part when you get your download).  We have been seeing people who get confused and instead of using their desktop software they stray into online.  

If you open up your desktop software just go up to the top left corner to the program to File and then click New Return to start on a new return.  With desktop software you can prepare and e-file up to five federal returns.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
applegranny
Returning Member

I was unable to use the purchased CD and I am unable to figure out where to enter my license code so I don't have to pay another $60.

applegranny
Returning Member

I don't want to start a new return I just want to credit for the $60 dollars I paid 

Why can't you use the CD?  Don't you have access to a full computer?  Or no CD drive?  You can download the program instead.  We can help you install it.  

Sorry you can't apply the Desktop purchase to the online version. They are separate things and don't talk or sync to each other and are priced differently. You would need to get a refund for the CD and pay for online separately. And state is a separate additional charge in online.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies