turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just filled my taxes and it is said they $1200 is owed to me and it will be mailed out. Is it going to be mailed out soon?

My post date is today. When will my check be mailed to me?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I just filled my taxes and it is said they $1200 is owed to me and it will be mailed out. Is it going to be mailed out soon?

What taxes did you just file?  2019?  It is too early to file a 2020 return.  Not until the end of January.  Online is only good for 2020.

SLOW DOWN!

First, you can't file until late January.  Don't you need to receive W-2s etc.

Did you finish the interview process about the stimulus near the end of the interview? I suspect that $1200 is the stimulus payment, which if you already received it, then you didn't finish the interview process! 

don't be in such a hurry to file - if you don't receive the 2nd stimulus via mail / direct deposit, you'll have to get it through your tax return; filing quickly could mean an amendment and months of wating!! 

If you are seeing the $1200 in the recovery rebate credit--- that will be part of your tax refund.   When you file your 2020 return the IRS will process that amount as part of your refund.  Nothing you enter into your 2020 return software is transmitted to the IRS until you actually file your tax return.  The IRS will not be accepting 2020 returns until the end of January.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies