turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just downloaded Turbo Tax Home and Business 2019, and the update fails

I just purchased and downloaded Turbo Tax Home and Business 2019, and started using it.
When I started it for the first time, it seemed to do an update correctly.

The second time I opened it, it wanted to do another update, and failed on two counts (similar
to the image below).

I uninstalled and reinstalled, and the same pattern occurred, except the second update, the program
update was successful, but the second one failed with the message below.  I'm stuck and cannot move forward.  Please assist. 

TurboTaxUpdateFailure.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

A whole host of other users are experiencing the same issue. 

Intuit is aware of the update failure and is feverishly working on a solution currently.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

A whole host of other users are experiencing the same issue. 

Intuit is aware of the update failure and is feverishly working on a solution currently.

Will you post a reply here when the problem is fixed, or do I just keep trying to get it to work?

@cpeppler I would suggest to try an update later in the day.

I actually was able to get the update earlier today after making multiple attempts but the download and install was an extremely slow process.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@cpeppler  As of now you should be able to run TurboTax, but you will not get the update that is causing the problem. They are still working on fixing the problem with the update.

ericadc75

I, too, and having the issue.  I downloaded and used the product earlier this year.  I can't get past the download.  The software won't open without the download being complete. Hopefully, it will all be fixed soon.

I tried again, and the problem is still not fixed.  Can't run the software without a successful update.

I had EXACTLY the same problem this week.

Finally I quit the pc and went to my mac.

I ran parallels, downloaded the software and no problems at all!!

I am stuck in the "activation loop", I hope you get this resolved soon.

I have not been able to open and use the same program since Monday.  It gets stuck on the activation page and just spins the blue circles.  I did use the program on my computer in July when I filed an extension.

I was on the phone with Turbo Tax support for 2 hours on Tuesday and none of their solutions worked.  I was told my case had been escalated 2x. I received an email saying my case had been resolved. What a joke! No word back, so I emailed them again yesterday they did not seem to be able to pull up my case.  I responded to the questions they asked and have still NOT HEARD back anything.

Who do I reach out to get this situation resolved?

Carl
Level 15

TO save you time, do you have another computer you can install it on? This won't fix the problem on the current computer of course. But at least you can get on your taxes and get them done before the Oct 15 extension deadline.

I'm not going to hash over what I expect you've already tried with support on the phone. But sometimes it's simple things that get overlooked - such as the date on your computer. Also make sure you are on Windows 10 version 2004. Check that at settings - system - about.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies