turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

binglliu

I installed premier on 5 laptops. the activation code can be used 5 times. one laptop died and how can I install it on a new laptop with the activation code used 5 times?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

I installed premier on 5 laptops. the activation code can be used 5 times. one laptop died and how can I install it on a new laptop with the activation code used 5 times?

You sure can! TurboTax 2019 software can be installed, authenticated, and activated on up to 5 different computers per the TurboTax Desktop Software End User License Agreement for Tax Year 2019.  Even though one of your 5 computers died, installing and activating on another computer would be your 6th activation, which is not permitted.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rcsteele1

I have replaced one of my 5 activated PC's. Why can't the new PC be allowed to replace one of the previously activated PC's? If not, this is not user friendly....very disappointed????

Call and ask them if you can get another code.  Why do people need to install it on 5 computers?  Why more than 1 or 2?  Do you own all these computers?  it is only licensed for computers you own.  

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time Monday -Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

ss89

I had the same issue. I had to reformat my system multiple times because I was building a new PC and ended up using the activation code multiple times. I called them and they said that they won't be able to do anything because it had already been used 5 times. 

Turbotax tracks everything we do but they say they cannot track whether the activation was used to file the taxes. That's a blatant lie. I'm a Software Engineer and I know how software works. They absolutely track each and every thing you do. They just want me to buy another license code.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies