turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wagutier

I have verified the error R0000-504-02 and name and SSN match, there is nothing different from last year return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnthonyJ

I have verified the error R0000-504-02 and name and SSN match, there is nothing different from last year return.

This rejection code can be caused by a mismatch within the IRS database, or if the social security number was issued late in the year.

Gather the Social Security cards for each listed dependent on your return and follow the solution steps below.

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
  2. You'll be prompted to confirm the status of your return(s). Click Continue.
  3. At the Rejected message, click Help Me Fix It.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to fix the error and re-file your return.

Some Helpful Tips:

• If your dependent's name has recently changed, and the new name won't go through, try their former name (or vice-versa).
  • For multiple middle names, use the initial for the first middle name only (for example, John E. W. Doe should be entered as John E Doe in TurboTax).
  • Hyphenated last names go into the Last name field in their entirety.
  • Generally, with nonhyphenated multiple last names, the very last name goes into the Last name field, for example:
    • Richard L. Brown Roe should be entered as Richard L. Roe
    • Richard (no middle initial) Brown Roe should be entered as Richard (no middle initial) Roe

If after following the steps above you are still unable to correct the problem you will have to file a paper return.

You may want to contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 800-772-1213 to verify their records.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies